Student Health on Haven continues to adapt to changes in health and safety guidelines, to ensure that we can provide the best care in a safe environment. We will continue to provide more information about changes to our operation, both by email and here on our website.
We are resuming limited in-person Medical Services, effective immediately. We will not accept any walk-ins, and will stagger appointment times to avoid having multiple patients in the waiting area. Anyone entering Medical Services will be required to wear a face-covering or mask.
- During this time we also will continue to offer telehealth visits, which can be scheduled via the Student Health portal.
- Students requesting in-person visits should call 212-305-3400, option 1, during our normal hours of operation.
We are currently only scheduling well-person, prevention-focused visits for the following appointments:
- Routine physical exams or Medical Clearance exams
- Routine immunizations
- Routine GYN exam
- PrEP visits
If you feel you require an in-person visit but your reason is not listed above, please schedule a telehealth visit first, and one of our providers will work with you to ensure you have the appropriate evaluation and follow up.
Counseling Services will remain virtual at this time. Telephone appointments can be scheduled via the health portal. This is also the best way to communicate directly with your provider. Students wishing to initiate treatment with Counseling Services should schedule an Initial Telephone Appointment through the Student Health portal. Students already in treatment can contact their provider via secure message.
Short-term treatment is continuing virtually at Counseling Services throughout this time. For students who might prefer working with someone off-campus in an ongoing way, we have an extensive referral network and can consult with students and link them with providers in the community who will be a good fit for them. This includes clinicians of color, queer-identified clinicians, as well as clinicians trained in various treatment modalities. Co-pays for students enrolled in the Columbia University Student Health Plan are waived until December 31, 2020 making this option available at no additional out-of-pocket cost. A referral from Counseling Services is required to access these services. Interested students should schedule an Initial Telephone Appointment via the Student Health portal.
Well-Being and Health Promotion programs and services will remain virtual at this time.
- To connect with Well-Being and Health Promotion, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- To connect to Addiction Information and Management Strategies (AIMS), please email AIMS@columbia.edu.
- For urgent medical or mental health concerns during business hours, please call 212-305-3400. After-hours, press option 7 to be connected with our on-call service.
We will continue to provide more information about changes to our operation, both by email and on this page.