As a CUIMC student, Student Health on Haven is your primary care provider (including any enrolled spouse or partner) and is responsible for determining the most appropriate treatment for your health care needs. We offer a wide range of services to support your unique health and well-being needs as a CUIMC student.
Please visit the Aetna Student Health website, select "Columbia University/Columbia University Irving Medical Center" and click "View School" for access to all Aetna-related services for the Columbia University Student Insurance Plan, including:
- Finding a doctor, hospital, or pharmacy
- Viewing your insurance plan details
- Enrolling in the dental or vision plan
- Printing your ID card
Your Coverage At A Glance
For detailed information about benefits and coverage, please review the following:
Please visit the Aetna Student Health website, select "Columbia University/Columbia University Irving Medical Center" and click "View School" for access to all Aetna-related services, including finding a doctor, hospital, or pharmacy.
You may search for in-network specialists. Choosing an in-network physician saves you money. Please note there is a $600 deductible if you choose to visit an out-of-network provider.
- Most off-campus specialist care requires a referral from Student Health.
- ALL referrals MUST be renewed each policy year (except Mental Health referrals).
You do NOT need a referral from Student Health for the following services:
- Primary and preventive obstetric and gynecologic services including annual examinations.
- For emergency services, you do not need a referral for an emergency room (ER) visit but you MUST get a referral from Student Health for all follow up specialist visits.
- If you are ever more than 50 miles away from campus, you may go directly to a provider in that area without a referral from Student Health. Please ensure that the provider you are seeing accepts the Aetna Columbia Student Health Insurance by using Aetna's Directory of Health Care Professionals to maximize your benefits.
- Dependent children do not need a referral.